Himawari-8 Ground Station from EEC
High performance, turn-key ground station for weather forecasting and research
Are you ready for Himawari-8?
Himawari-8 dissemination ushers in a new era of Mesoscale Meteorology with more channels and more frequent observations. The eTelecast Himawari-8 ground station from EEC has the required new hardware and updated software for you to maximize the potential of Himawari-8 data products.
- Higher Spatial Resolution
- More Frequent Observations
- More Spectral Bands (16 Bands / Color Image)
Continuity of operations is crucial.
- Channels VIS, IR1-4 - Complete earth disks in all channels
- Cloud-top pressure
- Cloud-top height
- Cloud-top temperature
- Cloud type
- Cloud amount
- Sea-surface temperature
- Land-surface temperature
- Fire points
Proteus software will be continually improved to make use of the new capabilities of Himawari-8.
- Greater Resolution
Visible channel 0.5km, IR channels: 2km
- Rapid Update Storm Monitoring
A new image every 10 minutes - greatly improving monitoring of
position and motion of typhoons and storm fronts
- Improved Cloud Analysis
RGB channels improves cloud type determination
Higher resolution differentiates cloud types
- Higher Precipitation Accuracy
- Quicker And More Accurate Volcanic Ash Detection
- Improved Dust Observations
MODIS algorithms applied to improve detection and tracking